Signatures, a collaboration between Serendipity and Dance4, is a platform that nurtures and supports undiscovered talent, by working with emerging dancers and choreographers and enabling them to realise their creative potential. The artists are selected on the innovative strength of their concepts and their desire to succeed in the arts industry.
Signatures is offering the opportunity for emerging artists to:
- Showcase a new piece of work between a maximum of 10-15 minutes, as part of Let’s Dance International Frontiers, in Leicester, Thursday 4 May 2017.
- Receive audience feedback and network with other dance professionals and practitioners.
- Receive a performance fee of £300, plus contributions towards travel expenses (please note, although we welcome applications from International artists, we have a limited capacity to contribute towards their travel).
In order to be considered as part of the Signatures programme each dancer/choreographer will need to:
- Provide a biography or CV that highlights your experience and capacity to create a quality piece work for the general public, and demonstrates a track record of producing quality work which is innovative, diverse and challenging.
- Submit a video, web links or a DVD of existing work.
- Give the name of the potential piece you would like to develop, some information regarding the motivation behind the work and an estimation of the length and technical requirements of the piece.
The selection is made by a panel comprising the artistic leaders from Serendipity and Dance4. Criteria for selection is based on:
- Highest Quality; work with a clear sense of purpose and integrity that has the potential to reach the highest artistic standards of practice.
- Engagement; work that has the ability to interact and captivate audiences.
The deadline for this opportunity is Monday 12 December 2016, 5pm
Please submit your proposals by email to email@example.com or post them to:
CL00.07a, Clephan Building
De Montfort University
For more information please call 0116 257 7316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Image Credit: Protocol Dance Company, Photographer Matt Cawrey.